Montana Board of Public Accountants

Becoming a CPA by Transfer of Licensure

Transfer of Licensure

The Transfer of Licensure Application is for individuals applying for licensure in Montana that hold a license in another jurisdiction.  NOTE: If Montana is not your primary place of business, you may qualify for practice privilege. Please review the mobility information on this website.

To obtain a License through Transfer of License, you must hold an active, current, unrestricted licensed from a substantially equivalent jurisdictionThere is no residency requirement and a social security number is not necessary to obtain a license.

You must provide a verification of licensure from any jurisdiction where you hold or have ever held a professional license.  

Applications not completed within 12 months of the date the application is received are considered invalid and void. A new application and fee will be required in order to reapply.

Back To Top